First rehearsal for The Night Watcher

|
We’re happy to welcome actress/playwright Charlayne Woodard and director (and long-time former Seattle Rep Artistic Director) Daniel Sullivan into the Seattle Rep building for the start of rehearsals.

During our first "Meet and Greet" of the season this morning, we got the low-down on the set (some cool projections on a really awesome wall of venetian blinds, but mostly plenty of room for Charylane to tell her amazing stories), and got to hear from Charlayne herself. "I call it The Night Watcher because I feel like in the dark times in my life I've always had someone who showed up with the light and got me from a to b to c," she said. The Night Watcher is her collection of stories about the children she's mentored and guided in her life as an aunt and godmother. The piece, she told us, is a way to pay homage to all the aunts and uncles who step in to help raise the children in their lives.

The Night Watcher opens Sept. 25.

No comments: