Midwest Sweetie

|
From Kiki, Audience Development Intern

Buckle up, we have a new guest blogger.

My name is Kiki Abba (a cooler or more Scantron-friendly name has yet to be found) and I started three weeks ago at the Rep as the Audience Development Intern. Don't worry, I don't really know what that title means either, but we'll figure it out together. I'm literally The Lady From Dubuque, and just graduated from the University of Iowa with a double major in Theatre Arts and Communication Studies. I have found the Midwest to be a wonderful place to grow up. It is full of early bedtimes and Yeild to Cows signs. But I'm happy for a change in scenery and where better to go than the home of Grey's and Fraiser?

As I heave another mouthful of cupcake down my gullet, I can't help but feel the responsibility to let you all in on a secret: Jerry Manning, our Producing Artistic Director, is in love with Cupcake Royale. The torrid affair started years ago, and for anyone that has tasted these petit slices of heaven, you'll understand completely.

Here's what I know for certain: 1.) Today he brought in four cupcakes and left them carelessly on a counter top, basically asking, "Hey Kiki, would you mind stealing one of these?" One thing you'll learn about me is that I always follow orders. I did a sly walk-and-grab and have been feasting on this cupcake for the past 5 mins. You know it's hard out here for an intern.

2.) About two weeks ago MetroMart advertised that they were going to be giving away FREE Cupcake Royales at 4:00pm on a Friday. Manning sent an e-mail to everyone at 9:30am asking, "Should we go en masse? They're good cupcakes...." To say the least, the Rep shut down for about 10 mins as we headed across the street to get out sugar fix. Who needs a watercooler when you have a grocery store stocked with free cupcakes? This is where we bond.

3.) It's probably just a rumor, but I heard that he had a spam e-mail address entitled: cupcakesugardaddy@gmail.com. But that's just what I've heard.

I rest my case.

No comments: