It's been over 30 years since the first Star Wars movie was released. With Carrie Fisher at the Rep (and discussing the juicy details of filming Star Wars, as well as reciting some particularly notable lines in her show Wishful Drinking), we've been asking ourselves, "Why do people still love Star Wars?" (and by Star Wars, we mean the original trilogy).
- Sexy Han Solo.
- A female character that is pretty much a badass, even if she has astronomically weird hair.
- A good, clear story or good vs evil.
- A really bad guy, voiced by James Earl Jones nonetheless.
- The Force.
- Special effects that at the time were totally groundbreaking.
- It's not as geeky at Star Trek.
- Quotable lines galore.
- Millions of YouTube parodies, including this one and this one.
- Light sabers.
Here's an article just posted on Slate: Why does Star Wars still take over the minds of small boys?